National Society of High School Scholars
The NSHSS is a society that Blue Pearl Academy students who have made great achievements and set high goals for themselves may join. This is for Home High School students and Adult Education/GED students only. This society is by invitation only for current students. Once a student is inducted, they are members for life.
For a student to receive a coveted invitation, they must demonstrate all of the following within one semester*:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or greater
- Two or less absences from classes
- Show a true desire for learning and not just getting a diploma
- Outstanding extra projects for academics and extra-curricular activities
- Strong ability to make PowerPoints, YouTube Videos, and Sound Cloud recordings
*One semester at Blue Pearl Academy is a three month period.
When a student has been inducted by their teacher and the Education Director of Blue Pearl Academy, the following is bestowed upon them:
Membership with NSHSS begins with recognition of academic achievement and to inspire leadership, but it doesn't end there. The lifetime benefits of membership include scholarships, leadership development programs, study abroad opportunities, events connecting members with university admissions officers, and access to internship and employment opportunities. Our resources are focused on helping our members transition from high school to college, and from college into their young professional lives.
When invited to be a member of this prestigious society, there is a membership fee of $60.00, just as other Honor Societies made payable directly to NSHSS. Invitations will be sent to the parent's email address and typically within the first week of the following semester. In the NSHSS invitation email, you will be guided through the process.
© 2009-2019 Blue Pearl Academy®. All rights reserved.
The torch of knowledge with the blue pearl outline logo, and the blue lion shield logo are registered trademarks of Blue Pearl Academy®.
(904) 497-6668. Accredited under Fla. Home Education Stat. 1002.41 and all other Home Education State statutes. Study at home school, Online middle school and high school, Home school teacher service using McGraw-Hill and Pearson Education textbooks for grades 6 - 12 and Adult Education for the GED Exam all done one on one, live via Skype. All curriculum, resources and instruction are secular.